Two- factor authentication still asking for code after email says it's off

Closed
APS - Sep 29, 2021 at 06:32 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Sep 30, 2021 at 04:38 AM
Hello,

Hi, I'm having an issue with Two-Factor Authentication I tried to set up a 2FA when I apparently already had one so I deleted the new authenticator keys that were generating codes only to realize that that key replaced my old google authenticator key, and now I can't access my account as I don't have any codes being generated or any backup codes. I submitted a support request and was asked by an automated email to send a photo of my face with the code they sent me in the email plus my full name and username which I did and then received another automated email saying 2FA's been turned off and that I should be able to log in. However, it hasn't turned off because it's still asking me for a "6-digit code generated by my authenticator app" every time I try to log in. I've been trying to contact Instagram for days but am only receiving the same automated emails. Idk what else to do any help? Is there any way I can talk to a real dang person this is so annoying. I tried signing in with facebook because they are connected and they are still asking for code.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Sep 30, 2021 at 04:38 AM
Hi,

Many people like you are facing the same issue and at this time, there is no known solution. I suggest you refer to this thread where you can try the described steps to try to solve the issue.

Good luck