Need to reinstall sound card

Closed
pmill - Jun 27, 2009 at 03:13 PM
berguy Posts 3 Registration date Friday June 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2009 - Jun 28, 2009 at 08:26 AM
Hello,
i need to reinstall my sound card,but i'm having trouble finding the right driver to download. My pc is a dell Optiplex Gx270 and using windows xp service pack 3. Please post what i need to download and where i need to get it.
Related:

1 response

berguy Posts 3 Registration date Friday June 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2009
Jun 28, 2009 at 08:26 AM
You should first go to the Dell website if you do not have the mainboard users guide for your computer to find out exactly what audio card is on your mainboard (onboard card). Of course I am assuming that you do not have a soundcard installed in a PCI slot. Once you do have the make and model number simply go to the manufacturers website and look in their download section and look for the driver you need download it and install. I strongly suggest your making a copy of the file just in case for future use. If, it is a seperate sound card, take the sound card out to look for the manufacturer and follow the same instructions as above.
Good luck
Guy