Why Do We Need to Pay Extra for Spam Protection?

Solved/Closed
Ananisapta - Jul 26, 2022 at 10:25 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Jul 29, 2022 at 08:54 AM

It's been years since my AT&T webmail interface was taken over by Yahoo Mail. In all this time, I've been very unhappy with your spam filtering. It used to routinely kidnap e-mails from newsletters that I had been subscribed to for many months. Now it routinely passes a high volume of obvious phishing attacks. I can send you 100 examples for study any time you wish.

Something that especially worries me is that you keep offering to unsubscribe me from these spammers. This is a well-known blunder that guarantees a lot more spam.

Now I see you're offering spam protection at a premium price. It makes me wonder if your lousy anti-spam protection isn't a plot to extort money from users.

Given the chance, I would gladly switch providers to find somebody more into customer service. If I have to pay, it certainly won't be to you!

Windows / Firefox 102.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Jul 29, 2022 at 08:54 AM

Hi,

Here at CCM.net, we've no connection with Yahoo.

If you're receiving a lot of unwanted messages, report them as spam and block the senders to help preventing your inbox from receiving those messages in the future.

Unfortunately, subscribing to various newsletters from any website may cause spammers to send you unwanted messages. Read the conditions before subscribing to newsletters, as some of them may share your email address.

Regards