Shadowban for the second time?

Closed
Sitelo - Updated on Dec 6, 2022 at 09:33 AM
Beachscriber Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday December 6, 2022 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2023 - May 30, 2023 at 06:13 AM

Hello everyone! 

I recently started my content journey with my danish profile called "Dyreriget" (meaning "The animal kingdom) a few months back and it was going very good!

However, when I began reaching 100k-200k views, many of them through the For You Page, it all just stopped and my newer videos would "only" get about 2-3k views + no one watched my videos through the For You Page, even if I added the hashtags.. I can see this through my video analytics where it shows 0% from the For You Page. 

After a while where my videos still wouldn't get more than a couple thousands views, I created a new account and started posting there. Then my videos got up to 200k views again, but the whole scenario repeated itself. All of the sudden my views dropped drastically down to a 1-2k views..?

Can anyone help? I have read some people get "shadowbanned", which might be the reason, but I don't see how I've violated any of TikTok's regulations.
I haven’t received any warnings from TikTok themselves either, so I’m completely lost as to why this has happened..

Have a great day! Best regards Frederik Petersen

Windows / Chrome 104.0.0.0

3 responses

Beachscriber Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday December 6, 2022 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2023 1
May 30, 2023 at 06:13 AM

No, it never fully recovered. One day, a few weeks later, some switch flipped again and it went from 1% of it's previous views to 10%. Now it's all over the place and I'm less interested in TikTok. Having 22.5k followers means nothing if it's actually TikTok that decides who's going to see my posts and they don't even show them to my followers.

Beachscriber Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday December 6, 2022 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2023 1
Updated on Dec 6, 2022 at 09:33 AM

I'm here to ask the same question! After about 9 months my account reached over 21k followers and was getting thousands of views per post with a few in the hundreds of K and one at nearly 6mil. About two weeks ago my posts stopped appearing on the FYP and views are down to about 1% of what they were.

Have you been able to figure out what's going on? Were you able to pin the change down to on particular post? I'm able to do that but I can't see a problem with the post.

tinomuchina Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 29, 2023 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2023
May 29, 2023 at 04:45 PM

Me too! Did your account manage to recover over these last few months since you posted?