VPN for Kodi on Apple tv

Closed
LouMartins Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 20, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2023 - Mar 20, 2023 at 03:00 PM
AdCharles Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 11, 2024 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2024 - Jan 11, 2024 at 01:51 AM

Hey everyone! I’m new here I need help on this:

i have the new Apple TV 4K 3rd generation and I have already installed Kody. I live in Spain now and wanted to get the UK channels but apparently Apple TV does not support VPN and my router doesn’t as well. It there a way I can add VPN to kodi at all? Thx in advance.

Related:

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Mar 24, 2023 at 05:01 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately, if your router doesn't support a VPN configuration as well, it will not be possible to use a VPN with Kodi on your Apple TV.

However, you may change the firmware of your router to be able to use a VPN with it, but this is mostly suitable for advanced users. You can find the steps in this article.

Hope this helps.

AdCharles Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 11, 2024 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2024
Jan 11, 2024 at 01:51 AM

Since neither Apple TV nor your router support VPNs by default, setting up a VPN to use Kodi on your Apple TV 4K third generation can be challenging. However, you could try this. I'm hoping this works. 
Some devices, such as the Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield TV, and Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, come with built-in VPN apps or support sideloading VPN apps. These devices allow you to install Kodi and use the built-in app to connect to the UK VPN server.

Important consideration:

Always select a reliable VPN service provider, such as Nord or PureVPN, with robust security features.
Make sure the VPN service is compatible with the Smart DNS service or other device of your choice.