Formula assistance in excel

AstroLuna9372 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 19, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2023 - Updated on Jul 20, 2023 at 08:36 AM

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out for some assistance with a Microsoft Excel formula-related question that I recently came across on the website Astro Luna Unfortunately, I don't have the exact URL or date of the post, but I can provide the details of the question here.

Question: I need help creating a formula in Microsoft Excel that calculates the average of three specific columns: A, B, and C. However, if any of the cells in column A, B, or C is blank or contains an error, I want the formula to ignore that cell and calculate the average only based on the non-blank and non-error cells in those columns. How can I achieve this?

I have been trying various Excel functions like AVERAGEIF, AVERAGEIFS, and even using the IF function combined with AVERAGE, but I haven't been able to get the desired result. Your assistance in constructing the correct formula would be highly appreciated.

If possible, could you guide me step-by-step on how to create this formula and explain the logic behind it? I want to understand the process so that I can apply similar solutions in the future.

Related: