Whatsapp backup

enjay - Sep 1, 2023 at 03:19 PM
Txfinds Posts 3 Registration date Saturday September 2, 2023 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2023 - Sep 7, 2023 at 07:53 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know if turning off end-to-end encryption erases my whatsapp backups? When I changed my phone after doing my last backup, the phone I'm using isn't detecting my backup? This is after I turned of my end-to-end encryption 

Android / SamsungBrowser 22.0

1 response

Txfinds Posts 3 Registration date Saturday September 2, 2023 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2023
Sep 7, 2023 at 07:53 AM

No, turning off end-to-end encryption does not erase your WhatsApp backups. However, if you have not backed up your chats since turning off end-to-end encryption, then the new phone will not be able to detect the backup.

End-to-end encryption is a security feature that ensures that only you and the person you are communicating with can read or listen to your messages. When you turn off end-to-end encryption, your messages are no longer encrypted and can be read by anyone who has access to them.

If you want to restore your WhatsApp backups to a new phone, you need to make sure that end-to-end encryption is turned on. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Open WhatsApp on your new phone.
  2. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Tap Chats.
  5. Tap Chat Backup.
  6. Tap Turn On End-to-End Encrypted Backup.
  7. Enter your password or key.
  8. Tap Turn On.

Once end-to-end encryption is turned on, you can restore your backups by following these steps:

1. Open WhatsApp on your new phone.
  2. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Tap Chats.
  5. Tap Chat Backup.
  6. Tap Restore.
  7. Select the backup that you want to restore.
  8. Tap Restore.

Your WhatsApp chats will be restored to your new phone.