Netgear wifi router

Closed
Ning - Jul 4, 2009 at 12:53 PM
 ning - Sep 17, 2009 at 06:23 PM
Hello, my internet provider installed a netgear wifi router. I wanted to lock it so nobody can access my internet for free or hacker to go into my file. How should I lock my router so that I am the only one can access it or my family only ? I asked the installer to do for me but charging me way too much. I am not a computer expert but I am good at following instructions. Thank you.
Related:

2 responses

hey its 198.165.0.1 and when prompted, use "admin"
and the passwod is just that "password" No qoutes on ether btw
192.168.0.1 is netgear adress. another way is to tunr on network discovery and rigth click on the gateway. shoudol see you comuter, anyting esls on the network. click on the gate way (right) and selct view device webpage
then go to passwords and change your username and pass. If you EVER FORGET, you can set jumper insed of router or push a button with a pin on outside...they restores defaults. If anyone breaks in to your router (easy to do ) hard reset it again and reset it. then opt for WEP or better (wep and the next can be cracked with enough packets)
Hi Jerramie,

Thanks for your tips but I got help from a friend nearby and got my problem solved. Anyway I have stored your advice in my file for future reference. Thanks for your kindness.

Ning
Blocked Profile
Jul 5, 2009 at 03:43 AM
hi,

open your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) and type 192.168.1.1 to acess the router settings.

then you may set a security password to the router.