Black screen o pain

Closed
MR.Sigh Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2009 - Jul 5, 2009 at 06:51 AM
marcmarais Posts 23889 Registration date Monday April 23, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 - Jul 5, 2009 at 11:43 AM
Hi man im getting desperate i have the exact same problem and i have tried resetting bios with the battery thing ,removing the ram, unplugging the unnecesary stuf ,taking the cpu owt and taking the gfx card owt and to no avail it still wont work...... when i power up all fans spin but the gfx card soes something weird.. the fan keeps reving up and then dow and up and down BUT when i removed the ram to test that other theory the gfx card's fan kept at a normal speed constantly, everything seems to work but still a black screen i have a brand new lcd that says "check siginal cable" but everything is plugd in when i removed the hdd and started no beep, removed the ram no beep this is the second time this year this has hapend and the pc is only 7 months old the first time i sent it in to the place where i bought it and they said the mobo pci-e slot is faulty and the gave me a brand new mobo now today a month later the problem is back with a vengence and i am really fed up plz any help or hints would be grately appreciated and one last thing when there is no onboard sadly

specs:
PROC-AMD 6000+~3.1Ghz
MOBO-ASUS M2N68
RAM-2X 1GB INFINITY DDRII
PSU-COOLERMASTER 550W
GFX- nVidia MSI 9800GTX+ PLUS OC
HDD-SEAGATE 160GB
Related:

1 response

marcmarais Posts 23889 Registration date Monday April 23, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024
Jul 5, 2009 at 11:43 AM
Hi,
Hope you'll understand my English, cos I'm French ;) I'm more famous on the French Kioskea, CCM
if you have the message "check signal cable", it means your screen is not connected, or your graphic card doesn't work at all
the pc is only 7 months old did it work ok during that time ?
then you returned it and they changed the mobo : I think it's not only the PCI-E slot which is faulty, but the chipset too : I read a lot of problems about nVidia chipsets on Intel CPU mobos...
My piece of advice : buy a mobo w/ Intel chipset (P45)