Help with sheet

Closed
kab0102 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2009 - Jul 5, 2009 at 07:07 PM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Jul 5, 2009 at 08:37 PM
Hello,

i have an excel sheet whereby in column A i have a list of 10 things to do on a call. I want make list on a new sheet to display of all those things i missed for example

column A

greetes customer
took refrence
gave info
has built rapport

etc.

in column b i mark "y" if done, "x" if not done and "n/a" if not required.

i want on a new sheet a list of all those in column a that have x marked in column b

and i want them shown however many missed and not show. for example if in column b there was an "x" marked next to gave info, then i want the shet to show only "gave info" missed. and under that cell only show another that has missed

please help....very confused.....probably sounds like it by my explanation above too

ta

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Jul 5, 2009 at 08:37 PM
suppose your data is like this in sheet A1 down

task done?
a x
s y
d x
f x
g y
h n/a
j y

the column headings are necessary for this.
highlight any cell in this data range, click data(menu)-filter-autofiler
you will get arrows at the column headings.
click the arrow in column B and choose y
you will get only the rows which has y in column B
highlight this filtered data ONLY COLUMN A, click control+C and go to sheet 2 A1 and click control+v.
now go back to sheet 1 and click data-filter autofilter. the original data is recovered in sheest 1.