Need update programs/drive problems Help!

Closed
xHighxVoltagex - Jul 9, 2009 at 03:38 AM
 Anonymous User - Jul 10, 2009 at 01:08 AM
Hello,

Seeking a way (if possible) to update all (or some) of my drivers. My computer is custom built and got it, i believe, 2001-2002. Had Win98 and now use XP Home Edition. It is a Dell model. Any programs that could update my computer would help! (I've tried many different programs...and of course find out you need to purchase it.) If anyone is computer savey and needs info, I've added my system info below. Note: nothing was added since I got the computer. (As in removing the cover to add/remove boards)

Next, I'm using System Mechanic Professional 8. Running the program to check drives for errors always has errors. It requires a restart to "fix" the errors. It takes 30-50 minutes to check/fix the problems...(repairs are done before Windows boots) Afterwards, i rescan for errors and same thing. It does not display the problems. I've also used chkdsk and same issue. I've reinstalled XP hoping to remove the problem, but no luck. If there are any programs (free or at least free to display the problems and use that info) to help this problem, I really need to know!
Thanks a lot in advance if anyone can help me!

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name COMPUTER
System Manufacturer AWARD_
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1145 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG, 1/9/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name COMPUTER\Alex
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 768.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 213.66 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.22 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

You may contact me with links/info at my email: mauldale@hotmail.com
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Jul 9, 2009 at 04:55 AM
Hi !

To update programs, you can use this software => Update Checker -Automatic update of software

To update drivers, you can use this website => https://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=29
Sorry, I don't know the English version of it, if you have problems with it, you can ask me.

C u !
xHighxVoltagex Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2009
Jul 9, 2009 at 02:31 PM
Thanks a bunch! the french site is past my reading skills and not to sure about it. but thanks!
Anonymous User > xHighxVoltagex Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2009
Jul 10, 2009 at 01:08 AM
On that website, click on Lancer la détection

We'll be asked to install an addon, accept it.

You'll be prompt to restart your internet browser. Do it, then go back to the same page. Wait while detecting your hardware drivers, then you'll get a list of the updates available for your computer (they'll be marked by a blue color). Start downloading and installing one by one.

C u !