Problem connecting ide 2 sata convrtr

Closed
Jay-K - Jul 13, 2009 at 02:12 AM
ozstar Posts 7 Registration date Friday February 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2010 - Mar 23, 2010 at 08:05 PM
Hello,
I have only 1 IDE port and 4 SATA ports on my motherboard and have connected 2 IDE hardisks to the IDE port.
And my DVD ROM too has a IDE port. So i got a IDE 2 SATA convrtr for my rom but its not detecting my dvd rom. Kindly help me.

thnk u
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 13, 2009 at 08:02 AM
hi,

connect one of the hard disk to the SATA converter and you need to install the SATA driver.

enable SATA in the BIOS as well.
hi mate i tried that 2 bt its still nt detecting. is there any link u cn gv me for the sata drivers for vista?
I have the same problem....but i think it because of the adapter not working ..that why it is not detective on the bios,
ozstar Posts 7 Registration date Friday February 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2010
Mar 23, 2010 at 08:05 PM
Hi,

My set up is I am using the 5 sata mobo plugs which do to 5 sata drive one being a DVD, and the IDE HD is plugged into the IDE port on the mobo.

All the sata's show and are fine and the IDE one shows randomly as well.

I just don't want it to be random, I want it to show all the time in bios and XP.

Thanks

oz