HD Unreadable as PC shutdown while formatting

Closed
WhackedUpPuzzled - Jul 28, 2009 at 06:26 PM
vahiddhm Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday July 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 12, 2009 - Jul 29, 2009 at 02:32 AM
Hi!

I saw some posts on how HD wasn't recognized by Vista and the solutions to them are legitimate. Initially when Vista couldn't see the HD I did the same - initialized it and fired up the formatting process.

However, in the midst of formatting the PC decided to shutdown. I restarted the computer and the BIOS did see the HD, but S.M.A.R.T said the HD is imminent to corruption or some similar word and to replace the HD. I saw comments on HD are cheap, so get a new one. I'd go buy a new HD, but this IS is NEW HD and I don't want to go buy another one as it's brand new and there must be some way to bring it back. There's no data in it currently, so I'm not worried about the data, but I do want to revive it. Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. Also, at one time when I checked "device manager", I saw it in the disk list, but still it was unreadable.
Related:

1 response

vahiddhm Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday July 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 12, 2009
Jul 29, 2009 at 02:32 AM
At least you have to mention the name of the manufactures of your system,it would make our job easy .ok is it Dell? or hp?