Problems with network connecting in Vista

Closed
andned - Jul 31, 2009 at 07:27 AM
 andned - Aug 2, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Hello, I have found xpcman excellent answer to Windows Vista network connection problem. My is however different. I need to connect my Toshiba Satellite Laptop to another computer on regular basis. The other one is Desktop with Windows XP. I connect both computers using LAN crossed cable. Getting connected takes a lot of time or is impossible, or requires several actions of "Diagnose and repair". Laptop may still "not see" the Desktop while Desktop "see" the laptop almost immediately and have access to shared folder. Pinging from Command Prompt shows computers being connected, i.e. packets reach the destination. I did not find any solution to that anywhere. Can anybody help me? Andned
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 31, 2009 at 07:51 AM
Dear Sir,

If you want to connect 2 computers on a network,

You will need a switch this is the best way

Thanks
Dear re_mi!
Thank You, I may use switch. However it is a little bit annoying that things have been quite well working with my older computers with XP (and even with Win98SE), that with Vista. If the network connection of two computers is possible, why is it so unstable? And the other thing is, that occasionaly, in some places, my laptop with Vista does not connect to the network either via WiFi (this is rare) or via cable (happens more often). This kind of problems never happened to me while using laptop with WinXP.
Andrzej