Cant see desktop and taskmanager doesnt work

Closed
Ineedmoney5234 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2009 - Aug 7, 2009 at 04:54 PM
Ineedmoney5234 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2009 - Aug 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Hello,

Recently my computer got infected with trojans, viruses, etc. When I started my computer the only thing i could see was the wallpaper, couldn't see the desktop, icons, nor the start menu. I was still able to use task manager so i ran spyware doctor to try and fix the problem. After it was done i restarted my computer. When i got back to the desktop, i still couldnt see anything except the wallpaper but this time, task manager wasnt working at all. I pressed ctrl alt delete and tried it numerous times but my computer would just sit there.

Next, i decided to run windows xp in safe mode. I still couldnt see anything except the wallpaper but i was able to get task manager working and ran avg this time. I scanned the [C:] drive avg and removed/quarantined all the viruses/trojans it found. Afterwards, i reset the computer and tried running windows normally. Still had the same problem so i ran safe mode again and now I still cant see anything but the wallpaper and now task manager doesnt work. It seems the only thing that works on my computer is Safe Mode - Command Prompt. Can anyone help?
Related:

2 responses

Ineedmoney5234 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2009 1
Aug 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM
bump again.......
Ineedmoney5234 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2009 1
Aug 8, 2009 at 01:35 PM
bump