In this article, we will show you how to create desktop shortcuts to access your apps directly from your desktop on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7.
How to create desktop shortcuts on Windows 11?
- Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar and select the All apps option at the top.
- Locate the app you want to create a desktop shortcut for.
- Click on it and drag it to the desktop, and the word Link will appear when you hover your cursor with the app on the desktop.
- Release the cursor.
How to create desktop shortcuts on Windows 10?
- Click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Select All apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to create a desktop shortcut for.
- Select More.
- Select Open file location. If this option does not appear, this app is a Modern app, so you'll want to use the second set of instructions.
- Right-click on the app's icon and select Create shortcut.
- Select Yes.
How to create desktop shortcuts on Windows 8.1/8?
- From your desktop, right-click on a clear area and go to > New > Shortcut.
- Click the Browse button and select the application of your choice.
- Give it a name and click OK.
How to create desktop shortcuts on Windows 7?
- Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- Locate the program you want to create a desktop shortcut for.
- Right-click on the program icon and navigate to Send to > Desktop (create shortcut).
Around the same subject
- How to add app to desktop
- How to add apps on desktop
- How to put apps in desktop
- MSI App Player > Download - Android emulators
- YouTube for PC, Mac, iOS, Android APK > Download - Videos and news
- Snapchat desktop app > Download - Instant messaging
- Instagram desktop app > Download - Social media
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps > Guide