Uninstalling KIS 7.0.0.125 breaks browsers

Closed
Rainy - Aug 8, 2009 at 03:13 PM
rainywinter Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2009 - Aug 9, 2009 at 09:46 AM
Hello!

I have a huge problem I just can't seem to solve!
I used to have a trial Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125
Recently, the trial period was over, so I uninstalled it and was going to install another anti-virus, but the problem is, whenever I uninstall Kaspersky, my browsers cease working!!! (IE and Firefox)

If I reinstall Kaspersky, my browsers are working again and I can browse through the internet. The weird thing is, even when the browsers aren't working, I can still play online and use MSN, or use any program that's not surfing the net.
I tried uninstalling KIS and then install NOD32 to see if the precense of another antivirus would help, but no, I still can't browse. I tried turning off and on Windows Firewall, and replugging my Router to the PC (through LAN).
I have WinXP Pro SP3

Please help me! T_T
Related:

1 response

rainywinter Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2009
Aug 9, 2009 at 09:46 AM
Quick update:

Tried running Registry fix with no avail. Still helpless on this matter. Must be something happening when I'm done uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security!