Plse help me about switch

Closed
pink - Aug 14, 2009 at 01:41 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Aug 18, 2009 at 09:19 PM
Hello,
Hi,
i want to play CS in home
how can i connect 4 computers n a sever so tht i can contol evrythng frm my sever

and i hav a switch at my home and there is another 4 connection from my switch plz tell me the whole procedure.

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 18, 2009 at 09:19 PM
assuming you are using xp. and none of the computers are connecting to internet.

you need to set up your main computer that is going to be the server with an ipaddress. ie 192.168.15.1
you need to then go to control panel on that computer.
look for the network setup wizard icon.

double click
next
next
(ensure the network cable is attached properly click on the 'ignore disconnected network hardware' if there is anything showing in the box that is not connected and is not the main network connection that you are using.)
click next
as you are not interested in the internet for this purpose you need to select other.
next
you need to select the bottom one ' this computer belongs to a network that does not have an internet connection.'
next
fill in the details in the next window. giving the computer name a unique name. (no two computers can have the same name) the description can be anything. for this purpose it could be Server or what ever you like.

next
in the workgroup name you can leave it as it is or name it something else like CSGROUP
next
select turn on file and printer sharing.
next
next
it will then set the settings on your computer for the network.
you could then create a network setup disk (floppy,usb stick)
then take this to each computer that you are using on your network.
open up the folder on the usb/floppy. run the file netsetup.exe
go through identical procedure as above.
this will configure all your other computers to connect on that network.

Computer 1 must have an ip address the same as the server plus 1
computer 2 must have an ip address the same as the server plus 2
etc etc

ie.
server ip address 192.168.15.1
computer 1 192.168.15.2
computer 2 192.168.15.3
computer 3 192.168.15.4
computer 4 192.168.15.5

once all this is done

you can check connections by pinging each computer from each other.

in a dos box enter ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx enter
this will send 4 packets to the other computer with a response. we're looking for 0% loss.

once you have established all of your computers are talking to each other you can get on with the meaty stuff.

if you go to this link
http://www.cstrike-planet.com/tutorial/1

it will explain in detail what you need to do to set up your server as a CS server. (i'm assuming that CS means counter strike)

happy hunting.