7 Long Beeps

Closed
McAdams Posts 1 Registration date Sunday 16 August 2009 Status Member Last seen 16 August 2009 - 16 Aug 2009 à 18:52
rossdavid Posts 185 Registration date Tuesday 18 November 2008 Status Member Last seen 6 August 2010 - 17 Aug 2009 à 10:24
Hello,

I recently got angry and pounded my desk for which my tower is on the bottom attachment, I'm thinking the force traveled through the desk and caused my tower to jump thus knocking something loose.

When ever I start the computer up I dont see a start screen, nothing. I'm currently working off my laptop, I have my monitor plugged in just incase. I'm thinking it might be a Graphic chip problem.

All I hear is 7 long buzzes first one has a long interval between the next one, the next 6 after that have relativly short intervals between.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
17 Aug 2009 à 09:23
hi there,

use link below about beep codes:

https://ccm.net/faq/344-how-to-recognize-computer-beeps

Thanks
rossdavid Posts 185 Registration date Tuesday 18 November 2008 Status Member Last seen 6 August 2010 29
17 Aug 2009 à 10:24
Check your heat sink on the processor and your memory ram, it's the only 2 things that can cause these beep sounds.