VIDEO CARD INSTALLATION PROB!

Closed
Slangin rocks - Aug 18, 2009 at 11:35 AM
CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 - Aug 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM
Hello, i have an old ass hp pc, and am broke as a joke with me being in school and all, and just perchused an ATI Radeon hd 2600 pro 1gb ddr2 video card, i know its not the best but it has to be a lot better than my old x1300 pro which i never thought was that bad but yeah, anyways i uninstall drivers take out old card put new one in, everythings ooked up right, pc boots up to the hp screen, than just stops, freezes, i cant gointo bios or anything, just sits there on the blue hp splash screen for ever and ever, and when i put my old card in it works fine. oh and btw the fans spinning on the card everythng sounds normal but yeah idk this is really frustrating its running windows xp, any heelp wou.d be GREATLY appreciated,,,

thanks!!
Related:

1 response

CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 12
Aug 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM
ati drivers are funky sometimes. There is a program called Driver Sweeper 2.0 .. If you uninstalled your drivers.. that's good.. Then you need to restart and have it install some generic windows drivers..

You gotta have base drivers for some funky reason. Then reboot.. and go into safe mode and run this program.. it'll clean out your old junk.. (remember.. after you install the windows drivers).. Then put in your new card.

And install the drivers for it..

BSOD when changing video cards is definately driver related..