Upgrading from XP to Vista receiving error

Closed
charbear - Aug 24, 2009 at 09:56 AM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Aug 24, 2009 at 10:02 AM
Hello,

Can someone please help me. I am having mad issues with a new computer I bought from Dell. They have sent an exchange and it has the same issues. It came loaded with XP and everytime you go into Internet or word documents, command boxes popup as you are typing and you haven't commanded it. So I thought if I upgraded to Vista that maybe this could solve the problem. Now that Vista is loaded, the sound button has a red x over it. It says No audio output device detected. Can someone please help me!! I only purchased this computer 3 months ago and it was the worst decision I could have ever made. I have had service techs out to change out several items including the harddrive, and keyboard and it has been sent back to dell.

Does any one know how to correct this sound issue or any of the above listed. I appreciate the help. Please not I am no computer wiz, so a step-by step process would be great.

Thanks
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 24, 2009 at 10:02 AM
the issue you have with the sound is that you have not installed the vista sound drivers for that device.
if i was you I would scrap vista as the system came with XP all the device drivers etc will be available for it.

please explain what command boxes are you refering to?
it may be a simple problem, if you tried here or a similar site for assistance rather than go to the extreme of replacing the operating system with one that is not supplied with all the drivers.

but as they say, no good crying over spilt milk.

are you able to put XP back on the laptop.?