Error msg when f drive is opened..

Closed
sgpt88 - Aug 25, 2009 at 08:49 AM
peter.not Posts 11 Registration date Monday August 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2009 - Aug 25, 2009 at 09:19 AM
Hello,
every time open the f drive a error msg occurs which asks to be sent to the microsoft..after this happens we can see no file or folder in this drive...plz help me..
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 25, 2009 at 09:17 AM
Hello Sir,

I just think that the drive is infected,

Please update your antivirus and scan the whole system and then try accessing the drive again

Thanks
peter.not Posts 11 Registration date Monday August 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2009 4
Aug 25, 2009 at 09:19 AM
What is mounted on drive f: (is it hard disk, or DVD, or virtual CD, etc)

If it is hard disk, the idea is to find which program is giving you the trouble.
But before you proceed, try to click START>>RUN and type CMD.
When black window appears, type F:
if you get don't get any error, close that window and keep on reading.

1. Press ctrl+alt+del.
2. Write down the active processes
3. Try to open f: drive
4. Look at active processes again. There should be one that is giving you the trouble (we will call it for example PROGRAM.EXE), and other one that is trying to send error report
5. You have to disable PROGRAM.EXE in windows registry.
6. click START >> RUN and type REGEDIT
7. click EDIT >> FIND, and type the name of the program (that we call PROGRAM.EXE)
8. click on the key which has the value PROGRAM.EXE, then click FILE, then EXPORT. Save it to desktop.
9. delete the key.
10. Restart the computer, and try to access f:
11. If there is no more errors, delete the file you exported to desktop. If there still are errors, double click that file to add it back to windows registry.

I hope this works

This happened to me after I cleaned my computer from virus. It was deleted, but windows kept looking for that file, and displayed an error every time i tried to open the drive. So I found it in registry and deleted it.

good luck