Remove virus from a laptop

Closed
min kumar - Aug 31, 2009 at 08:50 AM
sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 - Aug 31, 2009 at 09:04 AM
Hello, i am using a compaq laptop. and i am using windows xp professional os. so my problem is . my problem is my computer performance is slow now and it is difficult to run multiple applications and i went for virus scan also( virus software avg free edition) the anti virus software didn't showed any virus in the computer. but a threat was shown something like cookies in the mozilla application. so what can i do in this case. should i uninstall the mozilla firefox application and reinstall it? is it a virus or something else ? and also i tried to find the problem using threat fire but then also no viruses were found. so what is the solution for me in this case?
Related:

1 response

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Aug 31, 2009 at 09:04 AM
Hello

Xp becoming slow, isnt always due to virus, how long has you been using this xp? as time goes, when you install new program xp tend to become slower,

i would suggest you to check your hard disk space, may-be you dont have enough free space, try to have a least 2 gb for your virtual memory

Concerning the virus threat i guess its probable a tracking cookie, these are generally marked as low risk object by some antivirus, they are harmless most of the time, just flush the cookies its should be okai