Wont connect to interent in a specific locati

Closed
JRick87 - Sep 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 1, 2009 at 04:08 PM
Hello,
I bought a new laptop and it will connect anywhere really except work. Its a private wireless but i was giving the password and it allows me on. It tells me that its acquiring network adress and after a while it says the ip address could not be found. I have another laptop that it works perfectaly at work, the only differences in them are the size. I have a 15 inch that works perfectly but the smaller brandnew one wont get one.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 1, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Hello,
its is possible that your office network have more advance securities, access code are only part of wireless securities, have you try to ask your network administrator in work to configure your connection?
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 1, 2009 at 04:08 PM
also, if as you say your other laptop gets on you need to set your ip, subnet and workgroup/domain to the same as the other laptop.

if you know for certain that the laptops are not going to be connected at the same time then you could probably use the same IP settings. (unless they are set for auto, then it won't matter as long as all the settings are the same. just make sure the computer names are different)