Xp installation on hp dv 3

Closed
sdee - Sep 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM
 sdee - Sep 7, 2009 at 06:48 AM
Hello,
can any one let me how to install xp on hp pavilion dv 3 2105ee laptop,or how to disable the sata controller on it and find the xp drivers for this lap,
thanx
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 5, 2009 at 02:03 PM
hello normally the sata controller can be disable from the bios, you have to set hdd mode to ide or normal instead of sata, havent use this model, so better you read from the hp support web site

here is the link, you will also be able to find the drivers there

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3982286&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=me
sdee Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2009
Sep 5, 2009 at 08:50 PM
firt of all thanx for the reply,i know disabling hd controller from bios but this model in the bios ,there is no any option to disable or change the setting,i alredy tryed with hp support,they did not reply,and they do not provide any xp compatable drivers,i didnt know about this things b 4 i buy this lap,other wise i will never by this hp,sucks
Blocked Profile
Sep 6, 2009 at 12:25 PM
is it a 32 or 64 bit system? i once had a problem on a 64 bit system, if it is such, try disabling in on the bios and try....
hi,in bios nothing we can do,no option for sata,but i got through that challenge with nlite,now i successfuly installed xp,but no drivers for major component like ethrnet,audio etc,tel me a site or link to downlod drivers.
tnx