Blue screen error oxoooooo24

Closed
carr724 - Sep 10, 2009 at 11:35 PM
 carr724 - Sep 21, 2009 at 11:17 PM
Hi, My old laptop which is a dell inspiron 6000 has just recently died (i think) , i received a error message on it Stop: 0X00000024 and 4 other sets of numbers which were (0x00190203,0x82f33560,0xc000102,0x00000000). After some research i suspect its my hard drive not really sure though. I tried going on in safe mode and all the other options the screen game me but it took me back to the blue screen. So I bought a new laptop which i needed. But my question is if I reinstall windows xp pro on the old dell laptop will i lose all of my pictures? I was in the middle of backing up my pictures when this happened i was able to get some of my picture off of the computer before the blue screen, just not all of them. I don't want to lose the pictures they mean a lot to me. I don't know what to do , reinstalling windows scares me , and i feel like my pictures will be gone. Is there anything I can do? Should I take it to best buy and have the greek squad do it? Thanks for your time
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 11, 2009 at 03:48 AM
hi there,

remove the hard drive

plug it to a usb

external casing

then to your new laptop

open my computer and browse the drive and remove all your dats

then return it to the other machine

format and use it

even after a format you can recover the data

use link below and download recovery tool:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5325-recover-my-files/

Thanks
thanks for responding, it sounded easy enough.....I went to best buy but I bought a external hard drive instead, so I'll have to go back soon and buy a usb external casing for a hard drive. I'm not too computer savy. But once I buy the right part I'm sure I can figure it out from there, thank you such much for you advice.