Unable to format my virus-free flash disk

Closed
chepy - Sep 28, 2009 at 09:18 AM
 Seif_sls - Jul 1, 2010 at 08:24 AM
Hello,
i have tried formatting my 1GB HP flash disk without success, yet after scanning, i found that it is virus-free. Immediately i insert it on the drive, a message is displayed "the disk in the drive isn't formatted do you want to format it now?"with the administrative rights, i click on yes. After some progress, a message that "cannot complete the format" is displayed.I can't even view its contents. Where is the problem and how can i solve it?
Related:

3 responses

Asten M Posts 47 Registration date Thursday September 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2009 18
Sep 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM
Hey Chepy,

I have had a virus on my jump drive that wasn't visible but I knew it was there.. I had to use three different antivirus scans and it wasn't picked up. Then randomly when it was plugged in, my antivirus picked it up.. I deleted it and then reformatted the drive.

You can try to go to command prompt and typing in --> format F:\ (replace F: with whatever Drive is associated with your flash disk). If this doesn't work, I would suggest trying a couple scans... or when you plug in your disk, watch Task Manager to see if any weird named Process starts.

Regards,

Asten M
you have a very very very bad virus ... its mission 2 block usb devices by changing the format system . once u format the device . the device will be infected . even if it said the format did't complete & even it seems to be an empty usb device . once u took the usb device to another computer to try it . the other computer will be infected also and it will do the same with other usb devices and so on . even if you install a new windows . the same problem will be there waiting 4 u after the new installation . unfortunately there isn't any anti virus can detect this virus .
How did i get rid of this virus ?!!!!!
the only way which worked with me :-
1- put your internal disk's data on other ( NON USB ) device .
2- format all sections of the internal hard disk with ntfs system . ( from dos ) .
3- format the flasha or the usb device with ntfs ( from dos ) .
4- install new windows .
5- restore your data without fear .
6- the problem is gone from your usb device and from your computer .
7- stay away from strange usb devices .
p.s. the whole idea that u change the format system in all of your store devices ((( from dos only ))) because it was damaged or changed or corrupted in some how .
After a little research I was able to revive the drive, and heres the procedure (pretty easy):
Download and install the HP Drive Key Boot Utility
Open the desktop icon and select the correct flash drive under device
Select the file system you want to format to (FAT, FAT32, NTFS)
Tick Quick Format
Click start
for further information you can call +963*********