Floppy disk fail 40: fix, CMOS checksum error, BIOS
If you are seeing the error message at startup: Floppy Disk Fail (40) this means that there is a problem with your floppy drive. To solve this problem try the following steps.
- Check in the device manager that there is no yellow exclamation point near the floppy drive, if so reinstall the driver.
- Go into the BIOS and check if your floppy drive is set as primary boot device, if so change it (set the Hard Disk as primary boot device).
- Go into the BIOS and set your floppy drive A as Disabled or Not Installed, save with the F10 key and restart your PC.
- Make sure the floppy drive is connected.
- If this persists disconnect the floppy drive from the PC (permanently).
Any more BIOS questions? Check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Floppy disks fail 40
- Floppy disk fail 40 fix
- Floppy disk error 40
- Blackmagic disk speed test windows > Download - Diagnosis and monitoring
- Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter > Guide
- Lenovo password reset without disk > Guide
- Diagram of hard disk > Guide
- Volume information for this disk cannot be found [solved] > Windows Forum