Driver req but unsure of m/board

Closed
Grizzly - 6 Oct 2009 à 11:40
 Grizzly - 6 Oct 2009 à 12:33
Hello,
Due to virus problems I have installed a new version of Windows XP Professional on my dad's computer. I am not clued up on computers but I have been told I have to install the required drivers before I can do anything else. My dad has taken the side off the computer and given me the only information he can find on the motherboard. On one place it reads

ENCER model APX300W (which comes up with nothing if I google it)

and in another it says

CE0197X (which would appear to be something to do with Intel)

I am having to check this out on my own computer in the hope that I can download something to a disc, and install it on his. We do not live close and I don't have the computer at my house which is making it all much more hassle.

Can you help?
Related:

1 response

dancedhall Posts 3053 Registration date Wednesday 13 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 12 March 2010 656
6 Oct 2009 à 11:47
hi there,

use Everest software

it will you information and manufacturer of your system

download it here:

https://ccm.net/download/download-3380-everest-corporate-edition

Thanks
Hi

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have downloaded this package as you suggested but I don't really know what to do with it. IF I find the correct information and put it onto a disc to then put into my Dad's how will his computer be able to read it if it has no drivers installed at all. I can't even run things on EXE as I tried with something else this morning.

Grizzly