WINDOWS XP STARTUP ERROR

Closed
debra - Oct 10, 2009 at 06:44 PM
Mwanasoft Posts 57 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2010 - Oct 13, 2009 at 02:51 AM
Hello,
Hi - I am in dire need of help - I know you guys must have read that many others out there have had the same problem - but I don't seem to understand any of the solutions given.
Here it is:

My compaq presario C300 laptop has xp media center edition installed on it. I have encountered the WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEM error, it says windows cannot start because this file is miissing or corrupt.

Now, I put in the XP media center cd that I have in the cd drive, it told me to press any key to boot from cd, it started this blue screen where all the xp files are loaded, etc but then it came up with the blue screen warning message that said windows could not start and gave me 3 options, press r to repair, press enter to install windows and f3 to quit.

I tried r option,it did not work and said hard drive could not be found, make sure all hard drives are connected and on, all that bs you must be familiar with.

So, I even tried to instal windows, still the same error.

I went to F10 bios and I could not see the hd specs - it is a Serial ATA WD 80GB hard drive. I could see the RAM, the memory, system tme and date, etc but I could not see the name or size of the hard drive in he bios.

i even tried dafault setting, saved and exited and restaerted but to no result. None of the safe mode, safe mode with command prompt and other F8 options work - they all come to this same error list and stop - IT S LIKE A DEAD END and nowhere to go.

What shall I do ? I have a lot of data - I dddon't want to lose that either - but how to backup without accessing the c drive.

When I cannot even go to command prompt or do anything - how will I tackle this problme ? Even the goddamn hd is not accessible or found.

Please someone out there - please, in the name of god, please please please help me.

Thanks in anticpation,
Nicky.

Please advise.
Related:

3 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Oct 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM
hi there,

go to bios and try to reset to default setting

then reboot from cd and make the system repair

Thanks
Hello Nicky,

Please verify that your RAM is O.K and if not, pls change it.

Thanks.
Mwanasoft Posts 57 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2010 26
Oct 13, 2009 at 02:51 AM
Hi,

Why don't you try any of the following:

Unplug and plug in the memory (RAM) and try to see if it going to solve this problem.
Else, Open your machine and re-fix the IDE cable for your hard drive and make sure the jumper settings are OK. If the setting aren't OK, try to change it so that you it should be Master(you should also check the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM to make sure they won't conflict). Then restart your machine and go to BIOS and see if you'll be able to see your Hard drive. Then restart and it will be done.

Thank you and enjoy your day!!!