Help! CPU keeps restarting at Welcome page!

Closed
Bozobuddy - Nov 8, 2009 at 08:18 PM
 haider - Nov 10, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Hello,
okay! im completely frustrated. I am no pro when it comes to computers, but this is what i know.

My comp is like 6-8 years old. It worked fine yesterday until it got to a point where there was a massive lag during my turn off computer period. So stupid me decided to hold the power button until its shut.

Today when i turned it on, it brings me to the Welcome page in windows xp (professional?) an then it suddenly restarts. Brings me again to the welcome page, and restarts. Then again and again until i shut it off. I tried entering the safe mode, but it didn't work. Still restarted. So i got into the configs.

I realized that the Second Dvd drive was not working properly. It says that they cannot detect secondary drive?
So i tried opening the dvd drive. I pressed the button and all i experience was the dvd making noice and it did not pop out.

That is really all i know. PLease help!
Related:

3 responses

itsHAIDER09 Posts 16 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2010 2
Nov 9, 2009 at 02:10 AM
it look likes ur windows is corrupted. plz reinstall window. hope ur problem will b solved
hmm what i lost my disk from the very beginning?
is there another way?
bozo plz explain what u want to say?
which disk of urz is lost? plz reply