Problem with Messenger Beta

Closed
unik1 Posts 8 Registration date Thursday February 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2009 - Aug 19, 2008 at 03:52 AM
 solutions - Aug 16, 2010 at 07:13 PM
Hello buddies well I recently encountered some problems with my messenger 9.0 beta. It makes 20 trials before I can log into and after that I am online for about 30minutes and then I am kick off. I have tried to uninstall it and install the 8.0 version but every time I will sign in it will tell me that a newer version is available and that I must update it and then I come again to my problem. Anyone can give me a solution?
Related:

6 responses

Hey, im trying to uninstall the 9.0 messanger cOz it isnt letting me sign on can anyone help ?
download window installer from Microsoft;close all firewall and window defender; run window installer; remove messenger; restart computer;download messenger 8.1 as 9.0 is not for vista
mrfibbles Posts 5 Registration date Saturday May 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2009 4
Aug 19, 2008 at 06:20 AM
Have you tried to troubleshoot your problems using msn messenger troubleshooter itself? However if you uninstall the 9.0 version make sure that you delete also the logs and in the program files the other files of msn messenger 9.0.
Someone That Knows
Oct 29, 2008 at 02:08 PM
Well I see you do not know the basics.

(Beginner)
All you can do is Uninstall the Whole MSN Beta (well Every MSN is Beta if you did not know that), and then go and install CCleaner. The reason you need that is to see if there is any files or keys left on your computer (I am 100% sure it will).
An easy program to understand.

(Expert)
Either you hack the MSN (Visual Basic). But in this case clean every files and keys that still on your computer on the harddrive. After that, Do Not Rely On Microsoft Pruducts ! (A Good Advice).
Look, no-it-all, they asked a perfectly reasonable question. Just because you know doesnt mean that everyone else has to. If you are going to answer a question, could you please have the courtesy to do it without rubbing it in poeple's faces?
marvooni > Em x
Jan 23, 2009 at 03:57 PM
well i tried all that but with windows vista when i click OK to remove the windows live it tries to remove it but when it gets to 20% it stops and it says "YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PERFORM THIS ACTION" and i have already clicked ok for the permission
fatima > marvooni
Feb 24, 2009 at 10:09 PM
im facing the same difficulties("YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PERFORM THIS ACTION" and i have already clicked ok for the permission)

i have a vista

if any1 could help it'd be greatly appreciated :)
marvooni > fatima
Feb 24, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Well if you installed windows messenger few days now what you can do is just "System Restore".

That's what I did and it worked pretty well and now I use the old msn 2007 version.
fatima > marvooni
Feb 25, 2009 at 09:47 PM
how do u do that?...lol sorry im a lil illiterate wen it comes to p.c's

thnks in advance :)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/290301 download that program and look for windows live in it and it works a treat

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hi i was running windows messenger 8 perfectly fine and then one day i logged in and it told me i had to upgrade to version 9 so i did and now it wont sign me in and makes the graphic on my pc got really weird i have tried unistalling and running programs to make sure i have got rid of all of it

someone plz help me i use msn alot and really lost without it
buy a new computer lol..............