OpenAI Playground download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
OpenAI Playground is one of the most advanced AI solutions to generate texts and answers based on instructions, like text completion, code completion, text filtering, and more. Based on different models like GPT-3 and Codex, it can perform general-purpose or particular tasks with high-quality results.
What is OpenAI Playground?
OpenAI Playground is a set of AI models developed by OpenAI, which is an artificial intelligence research laboratory developing practical and human-friendly solutions for various purposes.
What are the key features of OpenAI Playground?
- Models: OpenAI is powered by different models featuring specific capabilities and price points depending on your demands. All these base models can also be customized to fit your needs thoroughly. It is composed of GPT-3 to generate output based on natural language, Codex for code-oriented tasks, and Content Filter to process and classify text inputs.
- General purpose: You can tweak many different parameters like the Temperature that controls the randomness, the output max length, the Frequence penalty to control the model's likelihood to repeat the same line verbatim, the Presence penalty to control the model's likelihood to talk about new topics, and more. Also, you can specify the text you want to automatically append after your input or the text to happen after the model's generation to continue the pattern structure. All these parameters allow you to tune your environment and get what you want finely.
- Text completion: The text completion part is managed by the GPT-3 models set and aims to understand and generate natural language outputs. This general-purpose design principle allows you to use it for almost anything you want, like answering questions, classifications ("tell me if those posts are positive, neutral, or negative"), having conversations with you or with itself, text translation, text transformation (like text into emojis), text summarization, text completion, and lots more.
- Fine-tuning: This is where things can get very interesting depending on the context wherein you want to use OpenAI. Indeed, fine-tuning involves training the AI on lots more examples to let you get better results on a vast amount of tasks. Hence, once a model has been fine-tuned, you won't need to provide examples in the prompts anymore to save costs and enable lower-latency requests.
- Embeddings: The Embeddings set of features can measure text strings relatedness and apply it to search (results are ranked by relevance to a query string), clustering (strings are grouped by similarities), recommendations (items related with text strings are recommended), anomaly detection (outliers with little relatedness are identified), diversity measurement (similarity distributions are analyzed), or classification (text strings are classified by their most similar label). Basically, it allows you to perform lots of different data processing tasks and generate data visualization in 2D, zero-shot classification, clustering, and more.
- Moderation: The moderation feature is part of the OpenAI API and lets you check whether the content complies with OpenAI's content policy. You can spot prohibited content and act accordingly as you develop third-party solutions.
How to use OpenAI Playground?
- Click on the download button at the top of this page and create an account using your Google or Microsoft account or your email address.
- Check the Quickstart tutorial to get used to OpenAI Playground, and take the time to explore what it can do, like text completion, code completion, image generation, fine-tuning, embeddings, or moderation. Also, take a look at all the practical examples and available models.
- You can start typing your questions or requests and tweaking the available settings on the right panel.
Is it free?
You can use OpenAI Playground for free, but the number of tokens (words) can limit you. If you want to use more resources, you can pay to use the different language models more extensively.
Is it safe?