No Display on screen

Closed
Vishnu - Nov 21, 2009 at 03:25 AM
 Vishnu - Nov 22, 2009 at 04:04 AM
Hello,

I have SONY Vaio VGN-FZ4000 laptop bought in April 2008. Recently the display is not coming on the LCD screen. I can see the backlight glow but no images on the LCD. If I connect to an external monitor it is coming perfectly on the external monitor but not on the Laptop LCD. There are no other problems at all except this display.

When I took to the Sony Service center they are telling the nVIDIA Graphics card might have gone and for that mother board need to be replaced. The cost of the mother board is costing me around $300 + dollars.

One more thing is that they are not sure if that is the problem or not. So can any one help on this if it is true that we have to replace the motherboard.

3 responses

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Nov 21, 2009 at 05:35 AM
hi there,

if its working on external monitor then

its clear the laptop screen is damaged but for the motherboard you can make a hardware test

download hardware tester from link below:

http://ccm.net/download/download-5507-test-my-hardware

Thanks
Nero15 Posts 2657 Registration date Thursday June 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 18, 2015
Nov 21, 2009 at 06:47 AM
if it work perfectly when you connect the laptop on external monitor .... so be sure that a motherboard and graphique card are not damaged , but maybe that the LCD monitor is defective , their is a big probability !
Thanks for all your comments. So this makes me not to belive the Sony Service center where I took the VAIO. So I am planning to buy a nice LCD TV for the money I may be paying for them so that I can use it for my laptop also. As I have another IBM laptop which I bought in 2004 and till now working perefctly I will use it. This I am planning to give at home to my parents who uses very rarely so that they can use the new TV I buy for them for this laptop as still they are using the old TV.

So can I use forever the LCD TV instead of the Laptop LCD or is this will create any issues.