Computer won't boot up

Closed
jeremy - Nov 27, 2009 at 11:12 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 27, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Hello,
I got a message saying not enough memory and that I needed to run disk cleanup which I did. got home later that day and computer was off and will not boot up. I believe the hard drive is turning but Im not getting a light on the front. I pulled my memory cards and turned on pc and I get continuous beeps so Im assuming my mother board is good. I pulled the processor fan and turned on and the processor begins to warm immediately so Im assuming the processor is good. Before now Ive had NO issues with this computer. Im not a computer person so I dont know what to do from here. This computer is just over a year old so I want to salvage what I can. Is this the hard drive itself? I need major assistance here!!!!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 27, 2009 at 12:19 PM
You will need to take the PC to a repair shop. It's impossible to diagnose your problem with out hands on access to the PC. Now that you have removed the CPU cooler you will need to remove the heatsink compound and apply a new coat.

Good Luck