I have an HP Pavilion dv9000 series computer. While performing the HP Health Check, it was recommended that I upgrade the existing bios. After downloading, the computer shutdown but upon reboot, computer would not boot up. Instead, I received one long beep and two short beeps. The computer worked fine before bios upgrade. Is there a way to return to the default bios settings on this computer?
I had exactly the same problem last night. HP's 'Health Check' recommended that I flash the BIOS of our new HP Dv7-1175. Had the computer about 3 days, and was receiving some strange errors reporting unrecogized USB devices not recognized and a buggy USB driver. So, OK, Flash the BIOS.
Precisely the same thing occurred. The utility for flashing the BIOS ran, seemed to work, shut down the computer. Then nothing.
I restarted to a backlit screen, no POST or BOOT. Here's how I solved the problem (though I can't tell you why it worked, other than it obviously reset the CMOS).
1) Turned off the computer
2) Removed Battery and disconnected power cord.
3) Waited, pensively, for 5ish minutes (read several places to wait for 20 minutes; I didn't)
4) Plugged the power cord back in (I did NOT reinsert the battery)
5) Holding down the Insert/Scroll button, I held the power button down for 20-30 seconds. Nothing happened until I released the power button. When I released the power button (still holding the Insert/Scroll button depressed), the computer came up and Windows booted. Could not, at that point, get ESC pressed; wouldn't let me into the BIOS.
6) Restarted and prayed, came up normally; opened the BIOS by hitting ESC at the proper time, reset to defaults (just to be sure).
The computer has seemed to work operate normally since, though for the life of me, I can't tell you why this worked. I was, for the record, trying to press the Insert button, so if yours has these separated-- as my Toshiba does-- then I'd start with that.
to recovery BIOS Phenix in Pavilion notebook You need:
- FDD Disk (You must do this with Crisi Disk program with Bios.wph to Your laptop)
- Floppy on USB
- turn on notebook with keys Windows and B to start in ZOMBIE MODE.
- Bios.WPH to your laptop You must get from spxxxx.exe file from HP site
- Bios.WPH file You can uncompressed from spxxxx.exe by the 7-ZIP program.
Oryginally spxxxx.exe is packed WinFlash for windows with bios.wph.
Remove your your battery (or battery and hard disk).
You should force the system to boot from either the FLOPPY, CDROM or a FlashDrive.
Download and unzip B1800 crisis recovery disk and be sure you replace the provided bios (BIOS.WPH) file with your laptop most current bios file (Phoenix only). Note that you should first extract from the BIOS updater exe tool the BIOS ROM, then rename your ROM as BIOS.WPH.
Use crisdisk tool to create a bootable diskette and a bootable floppy with the files phlash.exe, minidos.sys and (your bios file) bios.wph will be created for you
Held Win+B key (other report the key combination being Fn+B)
plug in AC adaptor
Push the power button, with the two other buttons still down.
If the power led start, release the `Fn'and `B' button.
If you're lucky, you'll hear lots of beeps.... Your computer will reset itself and start in Windows!! can take 5 to 10 minutes so be patient.
Powered on, it did some beeping then I saw the light access of my flash drive, when the light stop I released win+b, it did some beeping then the cpu fan quick in (I knew then I was in good shape because it's the sound it make when the bios is flashing) then it stop and more beeping for 30 secs then it powered itself off .. done!
If the booting doesn't succeed, try a different timing on releasing the `Fn' and `B' button.
I have a similar problem. The HP installation recommended me to upgrade the BIOS. I installed the new version. when it rebooted, the BIOS Update finished and the machine reboot. Is in a looping.
In addition, before a reboot, the machine made 8 beeps.
i have go this problame too
but how I find the solution is
1. make a bootable windows on flash disk
2.power off your computer and power on simply laves it .it will start from the bootable flash after it starts shutedown the computer and star again.
3.when it start goto bios set up and chaneg secure boot or legacy boot enabel or desable and save it and exit
4.finally start your computer without the bootable flash .it Will starts
and tell me weather this solution is solved your problam or not pls