Change boot sequence

Closed
pchorn32 Posts 21 Registration date Monday August 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2009 - Aug 27, 2008 at 12:14 PM
 Nikx - Sep 1, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Hello,

wanted to set up a password in the bios but put a wrong one which i cant remember anymore... and now i want to change my boot sequence and i cant do it since i cant access the bios anyone can tell me how i can get directly to the boot sequence?

thanks
Related:

5 responses

jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Aug 27, 2008 at 06:08 PM
Hello,

Clear the CMOS. That will supress the password.
Similar problem, My password in the the Laptop is not only protected in the CMOS but it seems it also has a EEPROM. I use a Sony Vaio VGN-FW340J. Any programs to change/restore/delete password. I cant go to my CMOS area. I don't generally forget any password because I use a standard set, but It seems that my 9 year old son was fiddling with my laptop and he is put the password and he does not remember it nor do I. Can anyone help?
Try pressing the "esc" button,it wont take you into the cmos setup, but it may depending on the model, let you change the boot order.
Just removing the battery helps in older laptops and laptops of lower brands. This would not help when the password is protected by a EEPROM. You'll definitely need to call the Customer Care to get the password reset. They will ask for the bill no., date of purchase, name of the purchaser etc to confirm that the laptop is not stolen and that they are resetting the password for the right person.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Remove the battery from Mother Board and then start the system.. U will be able to to through the BIOS.