Excel Help Please

Closed
Chris Forge - Dec 3, 2009 at 10:41 AM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Dec 4, 2009 at 08:40 PM
Hello,

I have a problem that I am working on that can probably be solved using VBA code, but I am not proficient enough to do it on my own and I am hoping that someone can help. My problem is this:

I have two colums of data, which have values displayed that are the results of formulas in each of the cells in the columns. I need to take the dispayed values and copy them onto another worksheet without the formulas behind them, and I would like this to be done automatically when the cells populate a value. Furthermore, if a row in the column does not contain data, I need to skip this row, as I cannot have blank rows in the columns that I am pasting to.

Can someone please help? I can give more detail if necesssary.

Thank you!
Related:

2 responses

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Dec 4, 2009 at 06:00 AM
give a very small example of data and the result it will be easier to help
Thanks for the interest in helping, Venkat!

Here are some specifics:

I have data on a worksheet named "Quote Forms" in columns K and P, rows 55 thru 59. This data is the result of formulas in the cell that pull data from other worksheets in this workbook. What i need to do is have the text from these cells (not the formulas behind the text) copied to different cells on another worksheet in the workbook. I need the data to be copied to the new worksheet in the following way: K55:K59 to A5:A9, and P55:P59 to C5:C9.

Where it gets trickier is that if, say, the data in K56 is 0, then the data in P56 will be an error due to the calculations. If this is the case, I need this data to be skipped and not copied to the other worksheet. Thus, the data would only fill cells A5-A8 and C5-C9 in the new worksheet.

The reason for all of this is that this data has to be copied from Excel and pasted into a different system.

I hope that this makes sense. I would be happy to email you the actual forms that I am working on if it would be helpful. Email me at cdewey@kenforging.com if this would help.

Thank you very much!
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Dec 4, 2009 at 08:40 PM
If it is one time activity do it manually
copy manually and pastespecial-values
when you copy to sheet 2 if there are zeroes select that zero values and rigshclick click delete and in shift window choose shift cells up and click ok.