Wireless Router not staying connected with PS

Closed
JJ - Sep 3, 2008 at 06:35 PM
 Marimuthu - Oct 5, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Hello,

I am having problems staying connected to the internet on my PS3 with my Belkin N Wireless Router. I have played the new Madden and made it to the 4th quarter and then i lose my connection. The timing varies from 5 to 25 minutes as far as my connectivity.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Related:

4 responses

what is a good Router
i neeeed help fast
Jan 6, 2009 at 02:05 PM
I have got the enternet but I need help updating it plz help fast
Even I had same issue. Connection gets dropped very frequently every few seconds and you have to reconnect and if lucky you get connected again , else it would show no internet access.

I face this problems with all the gadgets which are wireless N, including my IPod touch 4 generation.

I tried the following, which got my connection better but yet not completely solved.

While connection starves, I couldn't connect to modem thru192.168.2.1.

Check if you are using Windows 7. If so check if your Modem set to WSA +PSK as well as yours Windows wireless connection. Set both to WPA2 + PSK. Make sure in the modem you select only WPA2+PSK.

This has helped me reduce the connection issue(got better), now problem is less pronounced though problem still exist.

Also if you are using cable connection ( I use comcast) try to change your splitter. Let me know if this helps.

One more thing I noted, too many interference. Check for other wireless connections you receive around. In that case trying changing your channel.
hinoak Posts 23 Registration date Monday August 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2009
Sep 4, 2008 at 06:11 AM
hello,

you should know that sometimes routers are not good ones and you can have some troubles with it.

so try to buy another one and plug your ps3 but this time a good one