Burnt out graphics card / data removal

Closed
alinaman - Jan 2, 2010 at 09:25 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Hi, i have a sony-vaio laptop with two separated hard-drives. recently it the graphics card burnt out (i think) and now the laptop fails to boot up. i took it to a few computer reapir centres and they told me it is pointless to repair due to the cost and effort.

I would REALLY like my data from it, so i was wondering how i could potentially fix the graphics card?? OR how i could get the data on the unbootable laptop elsewhere, say onto another laptop. please help, thanks.

also the hard-drive is enclosed in the laptop and i dont think it is removable.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Jan 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM
The hard drive is always removable - you may need to disassemble the laptop case to get at it.

You can buy a USB hard drive adapter that converts your hard drive into an external drive. Return to those repair shops and ask what they will charge you to remove the drive and mount it in an adapter.

Good Luck