Inspiron 530 - should i intall DirectX 9?

Closed
dan - Sep 11, 2008 at 08:30 AM
 Mechnomaster 1.0 - May 4, 2010 at 04:52 PM
Hello,
i have a Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 320GB HDD, 2GB RAM) computer and i am trying to play call of duty 4 and it is encountering errors, saying that i need pixel shader 3.

Should i intall DirectX 9? I have researched into DirectX 9 and it says that it cannot be unintalled once installed.... can you help?

Dan
Related:

3 responses

Xmaniac Posts 32 Registration date Tuesday September 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2008 3
Sep 11, 2008 at 09:24 AM
Hi...

Do you have Windows Vista or Xp?

Usually when you install a game like Call of Duty 4 it installs Direct X 9 automatically. It cant do the computer any damage at all! And you wont be having to uninstall it. In fact I cant think of a computer that does not have Direct X 9 installed.

What Graphics card do you have? Because shaders depend on what type of graphics card you have.
i have window xp i need the direct 9x for start my game in needed resolution.
As Xmaniac said, you need a graphics card capable of running Pixel Shader 3.0. If you don't have a graphics card and are running on Integrated graphics, you will need to purchase a graphics card. Just make sure your computer has a slot open to run it (AGP or PCI-E 16x).
Mechnomaster 1.0
May 4, 2010 at 04:52 PM
I have the same problem as you do.(And PC.) Yeah, you will need to get a graphics card if you wanna play COD. However, if you upgrade to Windows 7, it lowers the system requirements(These are lower than Vista, which is not good for gaming.) So yeah, that's another alternative.