Webcam is not visible

Closed
tuli - Jan 9, 2010 at 05:19 AM
 Jackson24 - Jan 9, 2010 at 08:43 AM
Hello,

From last couple of month my webcam option is not visible where it used to be seen (below all the drives).Some time it automatically shows up and functions properly..But most of the time neither its seen nor it works. I tried installing the drivers again n using but in vain.

The laptop is ACER 4710 With crystal eye webcam
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 9, 2010 at 05:54 AM
Dear Tuli,

The problem should actually be coming from the driver or still the software. If you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, the driver is therefore there and not missing. You should try getting the driver updated to see whether the problem gets solved. This normally happens when the operating system is changed and the driver is not compatible to the new OS.

Still there might be some essential files that have been corrupted or missing. Please check this phase of the problem for confirmation.

Also there might be a virus infection that is causing this particular restriction. Have a proper scan and make sure that there is no malware or trojan on the system.

No matter what, a system restore might solve the problem. Please make a proper back up for your database base before carrying it out. Then get to Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools and select System Restore. You will be required to create a restore point, please get it to a date where you weren't having this problem.

Thank you.
Hi,

I have already done system restore but in vain. Also there was trojan in my system but i have scanned and removd it using AVAST. some time the webcame is seen and it worls properly but sometime it dsnt :(. drivers installing and updation i have done many time but nothing seemd to be working
What for me.Don't work MSN program.Not to connect for my web camera..What the reason of this.