Error massage

Closed
Ndura - Sep 12, 2008 at 07:57 AM
 poinpoin - Sep 12, 2008 at 10:33 AM
Hello,

Hello,
About 4 mos ago my computer began to display this message "Diskette drive 0 seek failure" on a black screen at startup. When this happens the computer may or may not startup. I was told by a computer shop that my hard drive needs to be replaced. Others have said it's my battery. Does anyone know what may be causing this and what I can do to fix it?
Related:

1 response

ndura,
if didnt open your computer before you started experiencing the error message...its possibly 85% you need to run a cmos setup...if its ur battery it would have reported "bad cmos battery...time and date not set"...if its the hard disk drive...would report...corrupt or missing file..or..missing operating system..so at start up..press del key or in some systems mostly branded..eg..IBM...Compaq..Dell....you may need to press F1..or F2..however if manage to get in..use your direction or arrow keys..move to highlight.."load default setting"...then "save setting and exit"...if this doesnt work...then probably your hard drive IDE cable may be bad...try see a computer technician or engineer

ndura.....over n out