PDF's Opening In Photoshop 4.0 & not Adobe!

Closed
Katfarnsworth - Jan 13, 2010 at 02:12 PM
 Masonmedia - Feb 10, 2011 at 05:39 PM
Hello,
I recently installed Photoshop 4.0 and ever since I did, every time I try to open a PDF it no longer uses my Adobe 7.0, it now defaults to the Photoshop 4.0 and I HATE IT! How can I set Adobe 7.0 as my default when opening all PDF's? So far I've been having to add the extra step of clicking on "Open With . . . . " and I choose the Adobe 7.0, but I was hoping there's an easier way. If anyone has a solution I would REALLY appreciate it.
Thanks!
KF
Related:

2 responses

Katfarnsworth
Jan 13, 2010 at 02:49 PM
OK, I finally figured it out and as usual, it was so simple I kept missing it. When you right click on any PDF, then select "Open With . . . " at the bottom of the drop down box click on "Choose Program", then select which program you would like to be the default and check the box at the bottom that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file."
Thank you! I had the same problem crop up today and thought I had a bug.
zib@zib Posts 277 Registration date Tuesday September 25, 2007 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2013 1
Jan 13, 2010 at 02:49 PM
Hello sir
just click on CTRL and ALT then click the file u want to open as PDF then it will open another window then u tick on always open as PDF or follow this

Solution: Change the PDF file association to Acrobat.

1. Right-click any PDF file.

2. Select Open With > Choose Program.

3. Select the version of Acrobat you see in the programs list (for example, Acrobat 7.0, Acrobat Reader 7.0).

Note: If Acrobat is not in the list of programs, you can add it manually. Click Browse and navigate to the location where Acrobat is installed (a typical installation path is: C:\Program Files\Adobe\ [your Acrobat version] \Acrobat). Select Acrobat.exe and click Open.

4. Select "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" at the bottom of the Open With dialog box, and click OK.