Laptop tp wireless network

Closed
Mummie Cookie - Jan 28, 2010 at 09:08 AM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Jan 28, 2010 at 08:54 PM
Hello,
I have a wireless network set up at home and the two home computers and my laptop have happily connected to this for over a year. Suddenly last night my laptop refuses to connect but tells me that the wireless link is working correctly. When I try to connect the laptop manually to the network it gives the message "The capability of your network adapter does not match the requirements of this network " ........what does this mean and more importantly what can I do to resolve it. Both other PC's are still connecting fine.
Related:

1 response

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Jan 28, 2010 at 08:54 PM
Try to reinstall the wireless adapter driver and test again. Also if you configure wireless router to support 802.11g, then you need to configure wireless adapter to support 802.11g too (usually can set in wireless adapter driver status window -> advanced tab). If you need more ideas, can take a look on this wireless network troubleshooting tips article.