Clearing cmos

Closed
ZoeJane Posts 23 Registration date Thursday September 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 - Sep 26, 2008 at 05:29 AM
starsailors.me Posts 24 Registration date Friday August 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2009 - Sep 26, 2008 at 08:49 AM
Hey there,
I have some problems in clearing the cmos. From what I have heard form a friend told me I have to remove the battery from the motherboard and then put it back and after that it should reset to factory settings that's what ive done but nothing happened. Its just that I have a password on the bios that im unable to remember what it is so anyone can help me please?

1 response

starsailors.me Posts 24 Registration date Friday August 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2009 12
Sep 26, 2008 at 08:49 AM
Alright dude if the method you friend told you does not work and which was a good one, then here is another thing that you can do. Just nearby the battery on the motherboard(most motherboards have it there) you will notice a three pins selector and on it a jumper which occupies two pins. All you have to do is to remove it and then put it on the other two pins and after that just switch on your computer you will notice it will behave abnormally and afterwards just put the pin back to its original place and start your computer once again. Hope it helps you.