Wireless connection from home pc to laptop

Closed
punk - Feb 14, 2010 at 06:00 PM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Feb 14, 2010 at 09:19 PM
Hello,
i am trying to set up my computer at home so that i can connect to the laptop wirelessly using my home internet. does anybody know how to help me im not computer savy so in need of major help.

again i want to establish a wireless connection from my family room computer to the laptop for use of the internet please help pronto
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 14, 2010 at 08:01 PM
Do you have a wireless router connected to your broadband modem? Most desktops do not have hardware for a wireless connection. You can add this hardware and use Windows "internet sharing" to connect to the laptop. But, it is cleaner to use a wireless router. Then you can have either or both computers attached to the internet. Here is a link for more information:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-set-up-a-network-4097198

Good Luck
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Feb 14, 2010 at 09:19 PM
Yep, you can use a wireless router to set up a wireless network and share Internet connection, here is a wireless network setup tutorial, can take a look if you like.

If you do not have any wireless router, then you can enable Internet connection sharing (ICS) on that computer with Internet connection and set up ad-hoc wireless connection with other computer in order to share Internet connection. The disadvantage of this approach is that computer with ICS enabled must be on in order for other computer to access Internet.

Hope this helps.