Removable hardisk missing

Closed
MISSING - Sep 27, 2008 at 11:22 AM
tjmartineau Posts 38 Registration date Friday September 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2008 - Sep 27, 2008 at 05:02 PM
Hello,
i installed linux a few days back...did the partitioning whilethe portable hardisk was plugged in...and formatted it too...
but not it doesn't show up in linux nor on the windows(newly installed)...nor does it appear in any of my friends' comps.....
on the bottom right corner in XP in the toolbar.... it detects a portable device but when i go to my computer....it's not there....

PLZ HELP>>>...

HOW DO I FIND IT BACK????

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN RETREIVE THE DATA IN IT????

1 response

tjmartineau Posts 38 Registration date Friday September 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2008 4
Sep 27, 2008 at 05:02 PM
You can get the drive back, do this, in windows xp,

Click on start, then right click on my computer and click manage

when that window opens up, click on the Disk Management Icon on the left side

Make sure your window is maximized, then you should see your drive (you'll know by the size if anything)

Right click on the drive, select format, (ALL DATA WILL BE LOST...however, you said you already formatted it in Linux, so it's blank now anyway.)

That should be it, problems let me know, if you didn't format it in Linux as you said, also let me know, there's a couple of other tricks we can try.

TJ