Java update tab missing: Windows 10
Do you want to update Java Manually, however the update tab is missing from the Java Control Panel? Don't worry, in this article we will show you 2 methods for how to access it.
How to update Java manually?
If you are using Windows 8, you can try making a search (Start Screen) for the following term: Java
Click on "Check for Updates" to access the Update tab.
This method should work for Windows 10. Via the registry:
- Click on Start > Run
- Type the following command and press Enter: "regedit".
- Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > JavaSoft > Java Update > Policy".
- Create a DWORD (32-bit) value and named it as "EnableJavaUpdate".
- Set its value (value type - hex) to 1 to display the Update tab.
- Set its value to 0 to hide the Update tab from the Java console.
Another option is to set the "EnableJavaUpdate" key from the default of 1, to 0 and then back 1. This has fixed the issue for some people.
You can delete the key if it has already been created to activate the "update" tab.
More Java questions? Check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Java control panel no update tab
- Java no update tab
- Java control panel update tab missing
- Minecraft java edition free download > Download - Sandbox
- Psp update > Guide
- Messenger missing emojis [solved] > Facebook Messenger Forum
- Java free download > Download - Other
- Nvlddmkm.sys missing > Windows 10 Forum