Error

Closed
mking78 - Feb 20, 2010 at 07:11 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 21, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Hello,

I had the 0 diskette msg come up took the suggestions that were posted on this site. computer came up to configuring data then shut its self down then came up with a black screen asking to start windows normally or launch system recovery check, done both of them then got a blue screen with msg:

STOP: c0000135 (unable to locate component)
This application has failed to start because GDI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

well i might sound thick but i dont know what to do next due to im not tech minded (Need fix For Dummies) (lol)

Can any one help me with this please computer is used by many of my family

Thanks

Marshall

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 20, 2010 at 07:33 PM
I suspect you have a failing/failed hard drive. You could try a Windows repair/install as a short term solution - the instruction can be found at this site:

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Good Luck
Hi so if the hard drive is failing/failed i take it that it is totally buggered and needs replacing at cost, if thats true is it more profitable to by a whole new system?????????
Hello again i have just taken advice on the site you a gave me now the screen has gone to a black screen searching file segments are unreadable ???????? im totally lost lol ???? brain is exploding lol
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 21, 2010 at 12:08 PM
If you have re-installed XP and you still have missing files I would suspect you have a defective hard disk. Having it replaced or buying a new PC is quite a dilemma - you might pay a repair shop $200 to replace the hard drive only to have another part fail in a 5 year old computer - you can purchase a new PC for $600 or $700 (less if you reuse your existing monitor) and need to learn Windows 7.

Good Luck